WHAT IS COVALANCE ?
- Covalence sleeves are offered in a two-layer and three-layer construction that compliment a wide range of pipe coating applications both onshore and offshore. The Covalence DIRAX system is a patented three-layer formulation designed specially for HDD installations. Covalence® also provides sleeves for sealing in the district heating and cooling markets.
- Covalence heat shrink sleeves meet all relevant global standards (ISO, EN, AWWA, NACE, GOST) ensuring suitability for pipeline applications and special field conditions. Covalence sleeves come in various thicknesses and can accommodate any diameter pipe. Easy-to-understand installation instructions are shipped with every product and clear product labelling allows rapid on-site identification.
WHY USE COVALANCE ?
Covalence heat shrink force technologies provide strong mechanical strength performance and corrosion protection for oil, gas and water transmission pipelines. With technology born of the atomic age, shrink sleeves are unique in their ability to perform safely and efficiently.
FEATURES AND BENIFITS
- Covalence® has 40+ years of proven in-service performance
- Systems conform to all pipe diameters
- Mastic-coated sleeves balance performance, economy and ease of installation
- Excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment, hot water immersion, thermal aging and soil stress at maximum-rated operating temperature
- Dimpled pattern provides a “permanent change” indicator for proper heat application
- Cost effective installation
- Products available in uni-sleeve construction with pre-attached closure patch
- DIRAX sleeves withstand the high stresses of HDD requirements