WHAT IS POLYKEN?
- Polyken tape coating systems provide proven long term corrosion prevention utilizing cold-applied and fused tape coatings. These coating systems can be applied in plant and in field installations that meet current global standards. For more than 55 years, the Polyken tape coating systems have been utilized to protect pipelines against corrosion in various climates and environments around the world.
- Polyken consists of a wide range of tape coating systems that meet the rigorous demands of on-land and off-shore pipelines. Polyken coating systems utilize expertly engineered high tensile polyolefin backings formulated for resistance to water absorption and soil stress. Polyken’s proprietary cross-linked butyl-alloy adhesives are specially formulated for high bond strength, high shear resistance and long term stability. Polyken’s anti-corrosion pipeline coating system is known and documented to provide long term anti-corrosion protection to steel pipelines.
- 55+ years of proven in service performance
- Long term adherence even in moist conditions
- Low cathodic protection requirements
- Better adhesion – cohesive separation
- Resistance to UV aging
- Flexible at low temperature
- Good flow characteristics
- Resists soil stress
- Anti-microbial adhesive
- Hydrolytic, thermal and oxidative stability
- Vertically integrated manufacturing
- Resists degradation in presence of CP
- Delamination resistance